[Magdalen] Sad Abuse.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Wed Mar 16 01:23:54 UTC 2016

On 3/15/16 6:31 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:

> Of all the organizations you'd think to be above board and honest to a
> fault,
> The Wounded Warrior Project would be the top of the good guy list.
>
> This present revelation that their two top executives abused funds  donated
> for an extravagant life style is very disappointing.
>
> It is the veterans' organization that I have always funded in my own
> small way, and I suspect that these revelations are going to be  crippling
> for the organization as well as many others that appeal to the public  for
> aid..
>
> I'm sure there will be self auditing by the remaining organizations,  who
> will lean over backwards to show they are legitimate.  Unfortunately,  the
> deed is done, and all these groups are going to suffer scrutiny and
> endure a substantial drop in donations.
>
> In the end, the veterans who benefited from these organizations will
> be the ones who suffer.

I haven't given anything to WW since they made their big brag about
getting craft kits (like plastic glue-together cars and airplanes that I
did when I was eight) for hospitalized veteran "therapy".  I thought
that was a waste of (not very much) money.  There were a couple of other
indicators--I think maybe they were the ones who were in Larry Jones
family, whole family living high off charity "fundraiser" salaries and
selling prayers.  I do give to DAV and VFW, sometimes to Paralyzed and
Blinded, though I don't trust the latter two as much.  My
next-door-neighbor was once National Commander of the DAV.  He left an
arm in WWII, but after about 1954 made his own living as an elected
legislator.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net