[Magdalen] Slaw.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 15:05:44 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/16/2016 9:59:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

so I was  convinced it was
"greatfruit.">>>>>>

My father's hangups were "column" which he pronounced "colium,"
and "alfalfa" which he pronounced "alfafalfa."

My mother's was "zuchini" which she pronounced "GZUUUK-kini."

Mother always regarded zuchini as a somewhat exotic  vegetable.
In fact, at least in the wilds of Northern Wisconsin, it was  unknown.
Zuchini started appearing in the produce sections of grocery  stores
after WW-2.  It's hard to believe since Zuchini is so ubiquitous  these
days.

David Strang.