[Magdalen] A strange letter from Blue Cross...

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 19 02:14:30 UTC 2016

Today I got a cc of a letter Blue Cross sent Stanford Dermatology for a date of service of 01/12/2016.  That was my first visit to my friends at Stanford, and here's exactly what happened:

1)  thorough visual examination, and
2)  four (4) small (by later standards!) biopsies:  one on an ankle, and the other three from my torso.

For context, three weeks later Dr Doogie Howser, medieval barber down the hallway at Dermatological Surgery, took two much larger chunks out of me.

Doogie's charge to Blue Cross?  $656.00.
Dermatology's charge to Blue Cross?  (drum splat)  $41,871.00. -------------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Cross has asked Stanford for, ahem, more information.

Am I being foolish in thinking that someone, somehow, up thereaways in Palo Alto, made a downright hilarious financial typo?  I haven't got the EOB yet for it, but I happen to know the PET scan will probably be only between 1 and 2k.

The moral of this tale is, -- They weren't no $41,871.00 worth of "services" performed that day.  Nuh-uh!