[Magdalen] weather + garden

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 04:05:50 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 10:56 PM, Sibyl Smirl <polycarpa3 at ckt.net> wrote:

> On 3/19/16 7:15 PM, P. Dan Brittain wrote:
>
> Still don't have a lot of strength yet, so my efforts are limited to 30-45
>> minutes and then a nap. Wild violets have taken residence in my asparagus
>> bed. A real nuisance to get them out.
>>

> You're making better progress with spring garden than I am!
>
> Don't try to weed out the violets, just eat them.  They're major health
> food, and if you keep eating them they'll die.
>
> http://firstways.com/2011/04/17/five-things-to-do-with-wild-violets/
>
> Personally, I try to keep them going, taking just a little from each plant,

At present, it's hard to see the asparagus coming up through the violets -
so I need to have those violets out.

> and when they grow in the grass (which they keep doing, don't know why
> they want to be mowed), if I have the time and energy transplant them into
> the edges of flower beds.

We have them all over the lawn, so I may try those in a salad or two.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did get one of my raised planters out with
some lettuce starts in it.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted

Scanned
for viruses. www.avast.com
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>