[Magdalen] weather + garden

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Mar 21 03:56:07 UTC 2016

On 3/19/16 7:15 PM, P. Dan Brittain wrote:

> Still don't have a lot of strength yet, so my efforts are limited to 30-45
> minutes and then a nap. Wild violets have taken residence in my asparagus
> bed. A real nuisance to get them out.

You're making better progress with spring garden than I am!

Don't try to weed out the violets, just eat them.  They're major health
food, and if you keep eating them they'll die.

http://firstways.com/2011/04/17/five-things-to-do-with-wild-violets/

Personally, I try to keep them going, taking just a little from each
plant, and when they grow in the grass (which they keep doing, don't
know why they want to be mowed), if I have the time and energy
transplant them into the edges of flower beds.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net