[Magdalen] Maundy Musings.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 03:20:52 UTC 2016

I remember attending Sunday Mass there with my parents on a family
trip to D.C. I was enthralled by the size of the place and the yuge
reverb, and I wanted to live there and be one of the people who speak
into the microphones and do so very slowly and with big pauses for the
echo to clear enough so the next phrase can be heard. I can still
conjure up the feeling I had there if I remember how the hymn "Come,
thou almighty King" sounded. The very professional singers who served
as cantors for the Mass impressed me greatly as well. Anyway, the
National Shrine captured my imagination, bigtime.

David, of course I completely share your view on men and women
chanting together in octaves. Much better to alternate.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA