[Magdalen] Maundy Musings.

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 03:26:58 UTC 2016

I've only been inside there twice.  Once was for the organ recital of a
friend, and the other time was to see the terra cotta Stations of the Cross
by Margaret Parker (with text by Daniel Berrigan) down in the crypt.  I
have to say, excellent acoustics or not, that it's one of the ugliest
spaces I've ever been in.  If I'd grown up looking at that mosaic of Jesus
over the main nave, I'd have been afraid to go to sleep at night!
Listening to the recital with my eyes closed worked, though!

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*We must cry out against injustice or by our silence consent to it.
Dorothy Day*