[Magdalen] We told them so...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 29 23:52:46 UTC 2016

On 29/03/2016 23:56, Scott Knitter wrote:
> I've since then come around to the same point of view as yours on
> this. I just didn't really get it back then until I saw what the union
> did for its members. And then later I reaped union-won benefits in my
> corporate job, because our main account was General Motors--like Good
> Friday and Easter Monday off, and of course the 40-hour work week and
> Saturdays off as well as Sundays...just for starters.
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My feeling was a bit different, but of course, in those days, the NEA wasn't calling itself a union. But I thought that, since they were the ones who would have my back in case of liability, and they were the ones negotiating my salary, it was my responsibility to be a member.

Union membership brings you someone to be with you when the brown sticky
stuff hits the fan even when you have done nothing wrong. The union will
ensure due process is followed as well as providing emotional support.
Incidentally unions also helps build wages and so promote prosperity for
all.  You can't spend it in the store, and so help the storekeeper, if
you don't get the money in the first place.

Roger