[Magdalen] Odd patrons at local eatery

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:20:58 UTC 2016

This winter and spring the starling that thinks it's a finch has been a
fairly constant visitor to the Café de los Pajaritos. I assume it's the
same one. It brought a partner for awhile but has never brought others.

The last couple of days we've been visited by a pileated woodpecker who
enjoys the suet feeder. This is a first. It's quite comical to see it bend
itself around the feeder which is designed for birds a third its size. It
was particularly funny today as the wind is blowing eight bells (in
nautical parlance) which buffeted it about considerably and finally caused
it to fall off, at which point the bird flew off in disgust. Probably a
good thing there were no squirrels about as they would have been laughing
their tails off (yes, they do!).