[Magdalen] Vote by mail.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:33:24 UTC 2016

In the past two elections, I've voted early at our neighborhood branch
library. Easy! Although in some elections I might prefer to wait until
Election Day because I haven't decided on a key race and something
could happen to sway me to one or the other choice. This seems
unlikely for the November general election, but we've got a few more
months of campaign torture first.

I really want us to adopt a more reasonable campaign season, like five
weeks or so as in some other countries. But I'm thinking free speech
means anyone can start saying they want to and should become president
at any time. There would possibly be constitutional problems with
saying nobody can run campaign ads until a certain date. If it's a
free-speech issue, I retract my request.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA