[Magdalen] U.S. Warns North Carolina That Transgender Bill Violates Civil Rights Laws - The New York Times

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu May 5 00:45:11 UTC 2016

On 05/05/2016 01:11, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> here's hoping that this will cut the rest of the country 'off at the
> pass' (including TX) ...
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/north-carolina-transgender-bathroom-bill.html

Hopefully but I believe this is the Justice Department's view of the
legality of this Bill.  That would need to be tested in federal court
but ut us a warning of the possibility of tjis sort of attitude being
challenged in court. I am sure there are lawyers who would be willing to
take a pro bono brief from someone like Chris Mosier who is worried
about competing in NC for a place on the USA Olympic Team.  This is not
someone previously regarded as male who is switching to female and who
might be regarded as having an unfair advantage over those regarded as
female from birth.  Chris is switching the other way which brings no
competitive advantage.

Roger