[Magdalen] Mixed Messages.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri May 6 02:49:03 UTC 2016

I was surprised to find the local :PBS television station
programming an hour long segment of a nutrition and
weight loss scheme.  They seem to be begging for funds
for the local PBS, but with the funds to be paid to the
weight loss hucksters, it's difficult to know how donation
monies will be used.

The two women doing the lion's share of the selling are of
the ultra high pressure variety, and they provide a constant
barrage of conversation, leaving the observer exhausted just
trying to keep up with them.

Infomercials on PBS!  The credits for supporting organizations
and individuals are already so long, and differ but little from
advertising on ordinary commercial stations, that I guess I
should have expected the infomercials.

David Strang.