[Magdalen] Sex determination (was something else)

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:16:13 UTC 2016

Marvelous & wondrous new ideas and discoveries continue -

Extrachromosomal & epigenetic inheritance means that our genes aren't
the last word, although our genes do carry histories of our heritage
well past human, and even primate lineages (and extra viruses along
for the ride). Hormones and other bio-active compounds may change the
way genes (and extrachromosomal inheritance) are expressed, especially
if active during development when an amazing number of complicated
things are happening at the same time.

Population genetics is even more interesting.

Example: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2086518-game-of-bones-first-europeans-shifting-fortunes-found-in-dna/

Still changing on all fronts as we tease everything apart.

Cady