[Magdalen] The "fear"; was, Medical update (& honestly, getting' a little scary).

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat May 7 23:17:35 UTC 2016

>>>Precisely. But there's this list of things that kids do need to know before
they fly the nest, anyway.<<<

Everything in its time, Jay.  Salinas is considered by economists as one of the most expensive places to live in the United States.  (I know for a while we were in the top ten, right up there with Frisco, if not there still.)  He ain't flyin' any nest anytime soon.

And first things first.  His last day of state-mandated education is basically next Friday (think of that, people who remember him before he was born!), and the day before that he has his first job interview, that internship at the computer place I mentioned.  (His teacher is taking him, so the intense support he's known through this whole process will be there; and said teacher is pledged to all his students to help beyond graduation, so serious is he about helping his academic whelps make it in the world; one of the past ones is in the culinary program at Monterey Peninsula College.)

My two immediate goals are to (a) get him a California ID (luckily doable on Saturday), and (b) (ahem) REGISTERED TO VOTE.  He's REALLY looking forward to the latter.  With any luck, I'll get him in in time to vote in the June primary.