[Magdalen] Appliances was Medical update (& honestly, getting' a little s...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun May 8 00:24:22 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/7/2016 6:25:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

(mine is  black/white/pink... mostly
black).>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My father was fascinated by decorative building stones such as
granite.  It seems to have started around 1910 when he watched
the construction of the Wisconsin State Capitol Building that is
very rich in colored granites, some from as far away as Norway,
Italy, and the Atlas Mountains of Africa..

He therefore picked out the red, Saint Cloud MN granite for the
family gravestone.  I think that if I were ever to redo the kitchen,
I'd request the same red granite

On the subject of building stone, the other MN stone in demand
beside the granite is the Kasota stone, still much in demand for
even very large structures such as the Philadelphia Art Museum
and a couple of skyscrapers in downtown Minneapolis.  It can
also be utilized for countertops.  It is a beige color.

David Strang.