[Magdalen] Appliances was Medical update (& honestly, getting' a little s...

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat May 7 22:27:43 UTC 2016

We used to watch "Trading Spaces."  Two households near one another agree
to go rehab a space in the other house while the other guys do the same to
theirs. They each have two days and $1,000.  They had interior decorators
who supervised the action.  Throughout the event, neither household is
allowed to go back to their own house at all.  Then at the end, each of
them has a big reveal in which generally they are blown away by how great
 (or horrible) it is.

The host was a cute young lady named Paige Davis, who was just a sweetie.
She said the hardest part of the show was on one occasion, giving the
closing lines of the show while a lady just off camera is sobbing her heart
out because of some ghastly thing that decorator-from-hell Doug did to her
house. (The other designers were generally great.) The carpenter for that
show was Tye Pennington who may be familiar to some.  He was a terrific
carpenter/builder, and a hoot in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Qsbrqvk8E

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford