[Magdalen] Is Outrage.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon May 9 16:25:06 UTC 2016

There is some closure of water mains in this Pocono development
where I live, and the repeated announcements/warnings about there
being no water available are couched in such a way that it always
strikes me as indicating a "Water Outrage" instead of the intended
"Water Outage."

It is, actually, better described as an "outrage," and I am glad that
my street is not involved.

This development was laid out and the water/sewer lines completed
in 1972, but to save money, the diameter of the pipes turned out to
be inadequate for the volume generated by he some 800 homes.
The system has been increasingly a problem as a result, with fairly
frequent water main breaks.

None of the local digging can compare to a water main problem
when I lived in Eau Claire.  The water main under repair there was  some
20 feet below street level.  You can guess the piles of soil  necessary
to remove to get access to these pipes!

At least I don't have to contend with septic systems.

David Strang.