[Magdalen] First fruits

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:04:57 UTC 2016

The legion of squirrels in my back 'yard' are unbelievable. Plus the ladies
two doors and three doors down from me hand feed them peanuts!!! Sheesh. So
not only do I have little digging holes everywhere, and amid my spices that
are in a planter, I often find peanuts, still in the shell, buried also!!

The other day a small hawk perched on the back of my garden bench for over
an hour about 8' from my patio edge (small condo patio) and for two days I
did not see any squirrels (actually hoping that they had been hawk food...)
but I understand that they're still out there, but they have not visited me
or tried to mount the hanging bird feeders since the hawk spend a few hours
on that bench, so for that I'm grateful : )  Now the Mourning Doves are also
at 'pack level' quantity - today 12 scattered from the patio (where they
pick up fallout from the feeders)... I sure wish there was a way to get rid
of those Texas pigeons...
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck