[Magdalen] An email I sent to my Stanford doc.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 10 16:06:34 UTC 2016

[How's my thinking on this?  Am I getting at least some of the thinking right?]

Dear Dr _____ :

I've read up on what bone marrow biopsies are for, and the basic message I'm getting is that since the lungs and PET scan were clear, and if further examination of the blood doesn't yield answers to why the WBC is abnormal, the next logical step is bone marrow biopsy?  And the main yields from such a procedure tend to be related to lymphoma, leukemia, anemia, and multiple myeloma (which has a scary write-up at Wikipedia).

I'm guessing the lymphocytes found earlier have some bearing on where I'm being sent, but considering how nothing else has cropped up via blood work, I'm also guessing all the other possibilities I list above are on the table as possibilities?

Basically, for someone with as much testing I've been through, the possibility of a bone marrow biopsy is merely par for the course?