[Magdalen] elections

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 18 17:46:13 UTC 2016

>>>Probably not over so much as a change of pace and style.  Some of those
elected will not be focused on sharing in effective government while
some will be looking ahead to 2018 and 2020.<<<

Considering the potential down-ticket damage Trump is already fomenting, hopes rise every day that the Dems will at least win back the Senate, if not to a filibuster-proof level, at least to a majority -- like the GOP currently has there.  There's even talk of significant gains in the House, but with a much larger GOP majority there, down-ticket damage would have to be truly catastrophic (for which hope springs eternally blue ;-)

(My good wishes really do go out to our GOP Pubbies, because no party is immune from implosion, and how with our near-presumptive nominee having unfavorables only slightly lower than Trump's, we do, certainly, commiserate on some levels, if not many.)