[Magdalen] elections

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed May 18 21:10:17 UTC 2016

On 18/05/2016 20:44, James Oppenheimer-Crawford wrote:
> The Convention is a part of the legal process of how tec operates, for good
> or ill.  It is at the center of its governance.  Quite a difference from
> the party conventions.

 From this side of the pond I have to totally agree.  General Convention
is the supreme authority in TEC.  If it were abolished you would need to
put something else in its place.  I assume Jim had his tongue so firmly
in his cheek when he suggested  a couple of handfuls of parishes should
run TEC that he could hardly speak but the point he made is important.
If you are going to have a system of governance in Church or state that
has some claim of representing the people then the people need to be
represented in some way. General Convention, with bishops and deputites
elected by their dioceses at conventions where every parish is
represented does that.

Roger