[Magdalen] elections

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed May 18 21:31:20 UTC 2016

On 18/05/2016 20:25, M J _Mike_ Logsdon wrote:
> whole bunch of us? Sit down, Mike.<<<
>
> They've been disruptive many times before, in other places, much noticeably more than Hillary's.

They will be more disruptive since they are the protest wing within the
Democratic Party.  It is in their nature to protest with how things are,
much as DT has within the GOP (though I am not sure that the initial G
is appropriate at the moment).  What BS needs to realise now is that the
real danger is DT and the chaos to world order he would cause he ever
moved into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Nobody really knows what he stands
for and what he would promote. That is dangerous to us all, wherever we
live in the world.

Senator Sanders has every right to argue for his policies to be included
in the Democratic Party platform in November.  We also need to recognize
that Hillary Clinton is not popular at about -14% favourability.  This
compares with about -20% for Donald Trump, both figures from the
Huffington Post.  Unfortunately you are faced with a choice between two
umpopilar candidates.  The fact remains that Hillary Clinton has secured
more votes in the primary season than Bernie Sanders has.  When Hillary
Clinton recognized that deficit against Barack Obama in 2008 she
withdrew her candidacy and supported him.  Bernie Sanders needs to do
the same now, be realistic.  The alternative is something that fills me
with foreboding for the USA and the world.  I only regret that the
number of "not Trump" candidates among the Republicans meant that none
of them became a viable alternative in their primary season.

Roger