[Magdalen] Friedrich von Huene (20 Feb. 1929 – 8 May 2016)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 18 21:47:04 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/18/2016 5:32:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:

Palisander>>>>>>>>>>

The German name for a rosewood species widely used in the 20th
century for expensive furniture, especially that made in Denmark.

All the Danish furniture brands used to come in teak, walnut, and
palisander, the latter being a beautiful dark, reddish-brown hue.

I haven't seen this offered as much lately, I suspect because they
over harvested forests for the wood.

David Strang  -  with a fair amount of Danish teak furniture  that
my daughter says is now again in high fashion.  If one holds onto
such things long enough, it will probably be back in style.