[Magdalen] Earth and All Stars.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri May 20 14:12:24 UTC 2016

Not the celestial variety, but rather the stars the Michelin Tire (Tyre)
Co.
bestows on restaurants.

I didn't realize that there are two restaurants with the highly vaunted  3
stars in the USA.  They are "The French Factory" in Yountville,  CA
in the Napa Valley, and "Per Se" in New York City.  These are  both
owned by Chef Thomas Keller,

There are many schemes for rating restaurants, but the Michelin Stars
are the most sought after.  The ratings only cover classical  continental
(French) cuisine, so if the restaurant specializes in Italian,  Mexican,
Thai cookery, etc., they are not going to be rated even though they  may
serve excellent food.

Back in the day when I lived in Europe (1960's) ratings were limited  to
France.  Then ratings were extended to Belgium, then Germany,  and
finally all of Europe.  Now North America is a new invasion.

There's also a new Michelin Green Guide to New York City.  I don't  own
it but I will shortly.  I highly recommend Green Guides.

David Strang - Shuddering to think what a Michelin Three Star meal  costs
these days.