[Magdalen] Wages of Alcohol

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon May 23 23:11:39 UTC 2016

My late ex drank and smoked himself to death. My son sought refuge from his
demons in alcohol. My older son (the autistic one) does not drink at all.
My daughter enjoys a glass of wine now and then, as does her husband, and
he has a few beers with his buddies on occasion, but he is rigidly sober
anywhere around work, including nights off during the week; he works on
cell towers, so that only makes sense. His father was an alcoholic, and he
did not speak to him after he was 12 years old and his mother left the man.
My S/O's parents both died of causes directly related to alcohol. He drinks
an occasional glass of wine. My parents enjoyed a drink or a glass of beer
or wine now and then but that was it. I like a glass of wine with my meals.
I drank more at different times in my life. Alcohol at various times didn't
improve relationships.