[Magdalen] Chicken pot pie.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 24 04:44:50 UTC 2016

"It's chicken in a pie in a pot in a box." - (The modern) Col Sanders.

Yes, I'm talking KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken for those who haven't gone totally acronymic with it yet).  Now, allow me to say at the outset that I'm not at all a believer in the saltiest fast food on the earth.  McDonald's is health food in comparison.  And if I want chicken strips, I'll got to Nob Hill's deli for something mildly seasoned and more meat than breading.  But I'd been dying to try KFC's pot pie for some time now, and last night I did.  I had it again tonight as well, so I can say via limited research that they are a bit of a hit and miss affair as to proportion of non-chicken contents, but I can say this:  (a) it's FRESH, because tonight I had to wait a very long time for them "to bake" -- I actually laughed when I ordered and heard that, believing like any self-respecting fast food joint it was all frozen and merely took re-heating of some sort.  These things are actually made, if not always to order, but at least actually MADE.  And, (b) they are chock full o' chicken.  Potatoes, carrots, and peas are the hit and miss thing mentioned above.  But chicken?  Honey, it's full.  (To borrow verbiage from Popeye's commercials.)  And tasty?  Yes, it's tasty.  And not too expensive.  And rather filling.  When I make a valiant effort to finish it, without even thinking about the cole slaw I bought (which is also good, considering it's sweetness), it's an affordable meal, hands down.

Ducking and covering to protect myself from the onslaught of anti-KFC vitriol.  (Just remember, it's about the only thing I like there, minus the cole slaw.  And the grean beans...!)