[Magdalen] Chicken pot pie.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue May 24 11:55:58 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/24/2016 12:45:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

And, (b)  they are chock full o' chicken.  Potatoes, carrots, and peas are
the hit  and miss thing mentioned above.  But chicken?  Honey, it's
full.>>>>>>>>

I've discovered the Kentucky Chicken Pot Pie also in the past few  months
and have come to the same conclusion.  It is, IMO, by far the best  offering
on the menu.  My favorite aspect of this pie product is its crust  which
seems as close to the old fashioned lard pie crust I've seen for  years.  It
is flaky and delicious.

My partner is addicted to KFC, and detours there (it's at the opposite  end
of the near-by city) whenever he can.  He likes the standard "buckets  of
chicken" fare, which I have found tough, tasteless, and greasy.  I  used
to think KFC had an interesting flavor, but not any more.

I don't know how widespread the Bob Evans Restaurant chain is, but
they also have a good chicken pot pie on the menu.

David Strang.