[Magdalen] Chicken pot pie.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 24 18:08:21 UTC 2016

First off this morning, allow me to say how absolutely pleased I am with how much joy this thread has brought to so many of you.  :-P=

Marie Callender's was mentioned.  Ours went belly-up years ago, so I can't speak to buying one of her pot pies fresh, but I will concur that the frozen variety is definitely well balanced in its contents, and obviously rather tasty.  I've only tried micro'ing them, though, rather than oven'ing them, so my experience with distribution of heat has been sketchy at best.  But I do remember them being more than acceptable.

As for frozen pot pies, I must admit that, for purely nostalgic reasons (you know what's coming), I'm more than adequately tickled pink with the good, ol'fashioned frozen Banquet things.  I believe that last time I bought them Nob Hill was selling them four for a dollar.  And since they're small, one can eat four at a pop with a clear conscience (and maybe a low-dose aspirin chaser to help one through the night).  Only indisputable drawback for such things is that the meat is processed (pulped, re-formed into tiny cubes); whereas KFC is honest to goodness pieces of chicken, most of which is white, unless that's just the gravy hiding darker shades.

And KFC's carrots?  All I can say is that when one if fortunate to get a few (or any; my first one was carrot-less), they are discs of significant thickness, and carrot FLAVOR?  The answer is YES.  A veritable mouthful of carrot-tude.