[Magdalen] funeral planning

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:39:54 UTC 2016

What Ginga said.

I had to plan Adam's funeral because of course he didn't. I would have had
a Eucharist because he was an acolyte for so long, but being mindful of how
many people would be in attendance who weren't familiar with the Episcopal
service, and also because the persons doing the service were deacons (one
of whom had known him since he was a little guy in diapers), I elected to
go for the Rite II Burial service with lots of music. I was told by many
who attended what a beautiful service it was. Deacon Jim emphasized at the
beginning that our service is an Easter service and one of hope and
resurrection. I just about lost it right there, but it hit the right note.

I love you, Brud. And I hope you do get someone to play that Chi Coltrane
song good and loud!