[Magdalen] AP report: Trump is nominee.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu May 26 19:29:40 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/26/2016 11:10:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

It also  also illustrates, as has been mentioned in so many other contexts,
how  inherently violent we are as a  nation>>>>>>>>>>

A travelogue I saw last night had the narrator despairing of the prudish
culture of much of the USA that prohibits the display of some great  works
of art from Europe and elsewhere.  Public blood and gore are fine,  but
better not get a little bare on the chest!

I would guess that is due to the underlying Puritan ethics here in the  USA.
The British (wisely IMHO) didn't like the Puritans and got rid of
them/encouraged
them to immigrate to North America, especially what is now the USA.   We're
stuck with them.  Add to that the more extreme religious Reform  settlers
from
Scotland and Northern Ireland, and you pretty much have a picture of  a
strong undercurrent in the USA that is in the Trump camp.

(I should add that 32% of my DNA is Scottish/Scots Irish so I have some  of
this stuff buried in my innards).

David S.