[Magdalen] We're being sold...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu May 26 21:18:54 UTC 2016

On 26/05/2016 14:19, Scott Knitter wrote:
> Sounds like job security to me, Cady! And may it be so.
>
> As part of a sales support group ("pursuit communications," actually
> mainly proposal management), we're often survivors of the various
> waves of layoffs, but of course nothing is guaranteed and everything's
> possible. I did get an early-retirement offer in 2008 that I obviously
> declined. My manager is excellent at keeping a finger on the pulse of
> things and letting us know when there's a danger. In any case, keeping
> my resume in order and putting out some applications is never a bad
> idea;

Telling your boss you've had the offer of a job at a higher salary might
bring a raise while in post.  Keeping the resume in order is also
sensible as a reminder of what you can offer raher than trying to update
it after having been let go.

> I'll be looking around informally in case we fall victim to any
> reduction of redundancies. But I think there may well still be a need
> for our group...we're certainly treated as indispensable by our sales
> colleagues.

Wuthout you to offer the technical detail what would they have to sell?

Roger