[Magdalen] We're being sold...

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:19:03 UTC 2016

Sounds like job security to me, Cady! And may it be so.

As part of a sales support group ("pursuit communications," actually
mainly proposal management), we're often survivors of the various
waves of layoffs, but of course nothing is guaranteed and everything's
possible. I did get an early-retirement offer in 2008 that I obviously
declined. My manager is excellent at keeping a finger on the pulse of
things and letting us know when there's a danger. In any case, keeping
my resume in order and putting out some applications is never a bad
idea; I'll be looking around informally in case we fall victim to any
reduction of redundancies. But I think there may well still be a need
for our group...we're certainly treated as indispensable by our sales
colleagues.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA