[Magdalen] Hello, friends in TX rainland

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun May 29 14:53:28 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/29/2016 10:20:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

This  is
just like Wisconsin, almost.......which I left years ago to *avoid*  that
sort of thing.>>>>>>>>

Ah, yes.  The lingering uncertain winter, even with melting  slagheaps
of dirty snow, and then the sudden onset of hot and humid weather
(summer).  Spring flowers are gone in a blink of the eye.

How well I remember that from a half-century in the Upper Midwest  USA.

Pennsylvania has a definite spring season, and our gradual warming,
cool weather this year was tailor-made for an orderly progression of
blooming plants of all types.

Of course the locals were fretting that summer would never come.   They
wanted hot and humid, I guess.

Not me.

David Strang......Where it is peak Appalachian rhododendron  season.