[Magdalen] prayer request

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue May 31 22:05:57 UTC 2016

On 31/05/2016 00:04, Jon Egger wrote:
> Living here at Bishop Spencer Place is good, but I am terribly bored
> despite the books I have here.  I feel like writing more, and I ask your
> prayers for strength as I kick my muse's ass.

Here are some groans for you:-

*Medical Opinions*

A panel of doctors was asked for their opinions concerning a proposal to
build a new wing to their hospital. This was what they said:

The Allergists voted to scratch it.

The Dermatologists preferred no rash moves.

The Psychiatrists thought it was madness.

The Radiologists could see right through it.

The Gastroenterologists had a gut feeling about it.

The Neurologists thought the administration had a lot of nerve.

The Obstetricians stated they were labouring under a misconception.

The Ophthalmologists considered the idea short-sighted.

The Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body."

The Paediatricians said, "Grow up!"

The Plastic Surgeon said, 'This puts a whole new face on the matter.'

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward.

The Urologists felt the scheme wouldn't hold water.

The Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.

The Anaesthetists thought the whole idea was a gas.

*Name That Child!*

A pregnant woman from Washington, D.C., (whose husband was out of the
country) gets in a car accident and is knocked unconscious.

When she wakes up 3 days later she sees that she is no longer pregnant
and frantically asks the doctor about her baby.

The doctor replies, "Ma'am you had twins! - a boy and a girl. We
couldn't reach your husband and since your brother was the first one
here the day they were born we let him name them for you."

The woman thinks to herself, "No, not my brother…he’s not very bright!"

She asks the doctor, "Well, what's the girl's name?"

"Denise."

"Wow, that's not a bad name, I like it! What's the boy's name?"

“Denephew."

*Stop and Search*

"How long have you been driving without a rear light, sir?” demanded the
policeman.

The driver jumped out, ran to the rear of his car, and gave a low moan.

His distress was so great that the cop was moved to ease up on him a bit.

"Oh, come now," he said, "you don't have to take it so hard. It isn't
that serious."

"It isn't?" cried the motorist.

"What happened to my boat and trailer?"

Roger