[Magdalen] Out of Sight/Out of Mind.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 14:57:11 UTC 2016

I just paged through an article on "The Best Wines of California,"  and
of the 50 or so vineyards in both Napa and Sonoma Valleys, I  recognized
only three:  Martini, Mondavi, and Berringer.

That's how much that scene has changed in the nearly 32 years I've
not imbibed, and it appears to be solid growth in the wine industry.

I recognize only a similar percentage of "best restaurants" in the  MN
Twin Cities some 30 years after I left that area for NE PA.  In  this
case, though, it only points out the transitory nature of restaurants
that are often literally here today and gone tomorrow.  The  public's
loyalties to restaurants are very fickle, and I suspect there's been
a lot of money lost by investors in the restaurant business.

David S.