[Magdalen] Wireless servers (was: Junk phone calls)

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sat Nov 5 18:53:46 UTC 2016

On 11/5/16 1:21 PM, Jo Craddock wrote:

> Jo, who is convinced the British plan to foil the Germans, next time, is with irregular and missing road signs

They actually did that, systematically and deliberately, during the
Blitz in WWII.  Made sense.  If you didn't already know where you were
going (locals: NOT German spies, invaders, Third Column), you just
couldn't get there.  Played hob with American GIs, refugees, and other
friendly foreigners, though!  I guess they just kept it up after the war
was over.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net