[Magdalen] Two things I love about Election Eve 2016...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 16:09:17 UTC 2016

In a message dated 11/8/2016 10:56:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

My dear  partner just came back amazingly quickly

That's the way it used to be where I lived in the Upper Midwest.  Not  so
in Pennsylvania where the lines for my voting location at the  township
hall are daunting.  It takes so long to vote that there are  competing
church food booths catering to the lines snaking through the parking
lot.  Then throw in an occasional and usually unpredicted rain  event,
and you get the picture of election day voting misery.

What's happened is that the near-by city (Hazleton, population about
22,000 is now more than 50% Hispanic.  The whites have moved  into
the semi-rural township (that's where we are), and the townships
have not provided for enough polling locations to meet the population
explosion.

David S.