[Magdalen] Two things I love about Election Eve 2016...

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:27:58 UTC 2016

I was so sorry one year when I approached the polls and saw Marty Walz,
who was running for the Massachusetts House.
Walked boldly toward her, right hand extended, and said
"Hi! I'm actually here to vote for YOU."

She looked surprised.
The woman standing next to her looked crestfallen.
And that's when I realized she was her opponent.

Amy Lowell House has a community garden, which is where they set up the
information tables. Very pleasant on an autumn day. Park benches nearby,
although I always carry a 3x5 card with my votes for the referendum
questions. This year no-no-yes-yes-yes IIRC.

When Marty resigned (to become head of Planned Parenthood), the
Boston Globe editorial claimed the IQ of the House had been halved.
-M