[Magdalen] election day

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:31:18 UTC 2016

We only waited in line about 5 minutes. There were 8 people ahead of me (I
counted). The woman managing the line said there was a line at 6 am when
they opened. I understand there was a long line at my old precinct in
Richmond, but they are having a nasty mayoral race down there.

Interesting side note from my deep red precinct.....as I left I encountered
a family of 4, mom, dad, and 2 late teen/early 20s daughters, who were
studying the "sample ballot" the Republicans always hand out. I heard one
of the women say in a disparaging tone, "Oh, this is the *Republican*
ballot." !!!!!