[Magdalen] Two things I love about Election Eve 2016...

Bob Rea petard at petard.us
Tue Nov 8 19:19:25 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, November 08, 2016 01:20:47 PM Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> Some of us were talking about those old machines this morning. There was
> that wonderfully satisfying "CHING!" as you pulled the lever after voting!
> And, of course, the totals for each machine could be read off the back
> right away.

I remember those so well. My grandmother, who cared for me while my mother
worked, was one of the poll workers and ran one of those voting machines.
After school on polling days, I went to the polls to meet her and stayed there
until we could go home. Sometimes she let me pull the levers in back to open
and close the curtains.
--
Bob Rea
www.petard.us