[Magdalen] the day after....

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 19:07:26 UTC 2016

Yes. I think the best scenario is one in which the issues of race,
nationality, sexism, homophobia, and others brought to a head during
this campaign will come into a broader, more thoughtful national
discussion: not campaign debates but dialogues on real situations.

But I fear some wanton destruction will happen first.

I'm still not ready for the "we need to come together; he'll be
everyone's president" thing. Whether he's my president or not will be
up to him, really.

I imagine a lot of cringing coming up as he perhaps stumbles up
against the Constitution, or is lambasted for ignorance by another
world leader. I can also imagine him "growing up" quickly through all
of this and becoming some semblance of a functional president. One can
hope. An early cringe might be when he announces his Cabinet.
Oo...cringed just now already.

But I do know that idiotic statements, bigotry, and incompetence will
need to be called out loudly (and fairly and accurately) when they
happen.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA