[Magdalen] FaceBook question

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Thu Nov 17 01:48:39 UTC 2016

Whatever the glitch was is still glitching.  This post of yours was
three days ago.  Today I got a new notification of five friends poking
me.  I tapped on the notification, and got a page listing the pokes:
three of them three years ago, and two of them one year ago.  None were
from Richard Konopka, who used to poke me occasionally when we were
first on facebook, and the _only_ person I remember ever doing it--I'd
just poke back, then. One girl on today's list, a cousin, marked as
three years ago, is dead, so I know that she didn't have anything to do
with it today.  Beside each name is a "Poke Back" button for me.

Below the list of "new" old pokes that I'd never seen before is a list
of "Suggested pokes", all cousins, with a "poke" button beside each
name.  I have no idea why FB might suggest that I poke them, of all my
200+ friends.

Could it be that somebody at FB got an idea to give people a bit of
inconsequential trivia to puzzle over?  It's surely a relief from the
political toil and trouble!

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net