[Magdalen] Music question

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Nov 20 22:50:07 UTC 2016

In a message dated 11/20/2016 5:00:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

About  ten years later I fell under the spell of some
English young men who were  very good at italic and I got an Osmiroid pen
and Pelikan ink and added  that to the mix.  I rather like my writing
:-)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My friend, Nettie, who lives in Canterbury, has a wonderful italic  hand
which she learned in boarding school.  I am amused (and amazed)  at
seeing such as grocery lists that are so beautiful they call out for
framing.

In my father's generation (born: 1880), the ideal was "Spencerian,"
a rather florid version of common cursive in the USA today.  He  retained
little of that as he got older, but his sisters writing looked like
something
you'd find on a wedding invitation.

Oddly, all four brothers and my father's handwriting were nearly  identical.

David S.