[Magdalen] And away it goes....

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 22:47:44 UTC 2016

When I took the top off the smoker, I discovered that a pair of wee mousies
had made a nest in it! I felt a little guilty evicting them, especially
when one looked up at me pleadingly, but I explained to them the it wasn't
Section 8 housing and tipped it over, spilling them and their nest out on
the porch and sending them scuttling off in opposite directions. Well, I
hope they find each other, but *not* in my smoker again! I did feel a bit
as if I'd thrown Mary and Joseph (mouse-variety) out into the cold, but we
have enough trouble with the wee beasties, and if they'd come in through
the basement they might have faced Kali the black snake. The circle of
life.....

So the chicken is now merrily smoking away, and the sweet potatoes waiting
to be baked. No pear kuchen got made, so we'll have some Goya coconut
pasteles instead. Pumpkin pie is just "meh" to S/O.