[Magdalen] I found out who got the job....

sheila ketler ketbears at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 16:42:26 UTC 2016

Hi everyoneI have been in contact with the president of our local branch RCCO - to  be put on the sub list for our local branch. He hasadvised who got the job instead of me. So when I began my organ career I worked for a United Church locally. This churchhad a lovely 3 manual pipe organ (by far the nicest one in town...) and the committee was thinking of two people for the joband could not decide which one to hire. I had an option of another church job at the time but unwisely as it turned outtook the United Church... They had hired another organist as well she dealt with the adult choir I dealt with a junior choir.. andI was allowed one Sunday per month on the pipe organ to play the service. Well she began to criticize me when I attendedadult choir practice (oh she would take me aside to do it but it was obvious she thought she was more capable and tryingto put me in my place..) Then she began to bad-mouth me to the minister and I was hauled on the carpet due to hermeddling... As a result they fired me with no notice  but I  told them they needed to pay me the full month's salary andvacation pay which they did. I never asked for references from them...So I have just found out that this person has been hired instead of me at the church where I auditioned. She is a Catholicorganist who has no working knowledge of Anglican liturgy Anglican hymnal or Anglican service music. I am beyondbelieving it... and I know what she is like.When she worked with me she just didn't show up for choir practice so she ended up booted also..Now before any of you say to me you are a good person be patient good things happen to good people I am beginningto think that there is no hope for me I am just doomed...
What is wrong with people?? After 12 years of Anglican services I thought I had that job in the bag... !!
Sheila