[Magdalen] church organs.... and a famous benefactor

sheila ketler ketbears at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 14:47:19 UTC 2016

When we were in Scotland in 2011 we visited the town of Dumferline and we were there over the Sunday. We were very close to the Abbey and I realized that people were going into the church so I told my husband to meet me outside the church in an hour or so I was going to go to service at the Abbey. I sat next to some very friendly ladies during the service and afterwards spoke with their organist. They had a beautiful pipe organ in place and we were able to  standright by the place in the abbey where Robert  the Bruce is buried. It is famous for brass rubbings... Going out the doorI went out the wrong door and the same lovely ladies who had sat with me in church guided me along the footpaths so I could try to find my husband! We ate in a wonder pub there also I think it  was called The Seven  Kings? I don't need psychotherapy right now I just need to get back to scotland!!
Sheila