[Magdalen] Bishops' choices of funeral hymns

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 17:59:29 UTC 2016

We sang Sleepers wake! this morning.

I've always thought it would make a great funeral hymn.
It would certainly mystify the unchurched :-)

Went to the funeral of a life-long friend last year and nearly barfed at
Wind Beneath My Wings bawled by a tenor, who mostly sang sharp.
Fly ... fly ...
(Kill ... kill ...)

I'd think I was in hell if I heard On Eagles' Wings.
-M