[Magdalen] Bishops' choices of funeral hymns

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Nov 27 20:46:48 UTC 2016

In a message dated 11/27/2016 2:12:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Wachet  auf, and she replied,
"I knew it...What else is
there?">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The weekend my mother died, I was a wreck emotionally, and decided to
get away from the hospital in Minneapolis by going to a Saturday
evening Mass in the cavernous Saint Mary Basilica across the street
from the hospital.  It was Christ the King/Sunday Next Before  Advent.

Ecumenism is alive and well in MN, to a degree unthinkable here in  PA,
and it so it happened the three large churches that front each other
along Hennepin Avenue were featured in the service.  The  handbell
group from Hennepin Avenue Methodist, and the Choir of Saint Mark's
(Episcopal) Cathedral were doing portions of the Wachet Auf Cantata
during the Eucharistic Liturgy at the Catholic Basilica.

It was astonishing beautiful, and somehow just what I needed for the
moment.

David S.