[Magdalen] Two questions for the assembled multitude

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 02:11:35 UTC 2016

In a message dated 11/28/2016 6:25:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

> "We  are not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under Thy
table..." Sound  like groveling to me. And we've already made confession and
received  absolution.  If nothing else, it seems out of place at this point in the

The medieval Tridentine Rite and the BCP that descended from it are
noteworthy for being penitential in tone.  The PHA is a good  example
of this.

Modern revisions of the Eucharist in both Roman Catholic and Anglican
versions tend to emphasize, instead, the more joyful aspects of the  Rites

That doesn't mean we can't have a dose of penitence now and then.

David S.