[Magdalen] Two questions for the assembled multitude

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 02:45:12 UTC 2016

No, typically the celebrant has led the Litany. The subdeacon holds up
one side of the cope when the sacred ministers are three abreast in
the procession; when they reach a (narrow) side aisle, the subdeacon
lets the cope down and moves ahead of the deacon and celebrant (so
single file). Then picks up the cope again when we're back to a wider
aisle. So nothing too complex, but different enough to add to the
confusion of one's first Mass as subdeacon. As it happened, he did
quite well, and I was relieved he chanted loudly and clearly enough
(the Epistle, that is...on one note).

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA